After the court date, these are the next steps...
1. When the decision is granted, the written court order is drafted and is usually issued within a week
2. Once the court order is issued, a letter of support is requested and received from the MOWA office
3. Once the MOWA letter is received, the birth certificate is issued-this usually takes about two weeks
4. When the birth certificate is issued, CHSFS will receive a scanned copy of it and will verify that the information is correct.
5. CHSFS will advise Ethiopia staff that the birth certificate information is correct and they will proceed to obtain the child’s Ethiopian passport, Embassy medical exam and will prepare the final paperwork to submit to the Embassy.
6. Once CHSFS receives verification that the child has completed the visa medical exam and that the U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa has all of the documentation that they need for your case, we will advise your family of a travel date – you will receive approximately 4-6 weeks advance notice before you must arrive in country.